Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I said I'm sick and tired of winter, And I wish that it was spring

So, first of May people! (the lyrics in the title come from Jonathan Coulton's First of May) I may have missed yesterday's poem but I had already written an "I Remember" poem and, really, I don't care. So there.

As I was walking along the street this afternoon I was thinking about what a Youtube vlogger I follow has said about using the word "guys" to refer to their viewers. They mentioned that they worried that girls would not be fine with being called guys, but I think it doesn't matter any more. "Guys" may have once solely referred to people of the male gender but words change and I think there are two meanings now. 1) Men and 2) a group of people, usually friends. This second meaning is probably the one that is most used now and I, as a girl, have no ill feelings towards the use of the word guys.

Actually, now I've written this I think he might have been talking about "dudes" rather than "guys"... Still, same argument applies.

No comments:

Post a Comment