Sunday, September 30, 2012

Make It Bleed

Usually a sight like this would horrify me. Who would do that to a poor defenceless book? But, this is my book and editing it like this is very satisfying. Rather than doing it on the computer and not having this visual representation of how far I've gone and how much I've changed this keeps me working on it and just feels so much more right (righter?). Like this is the proper way to edit a book and trying to do it on the computer is just kidding myself.

And I'm trying really hard not to kid myself. I don't want to have to edit this any more times than I have to so I'm going to make it bleed (some people think once should be enough and any more means you're dragging your heels). Be ruthless, that's the only way to prepare it for the real world and, if you do it properly, it should reward you.

Back to editing. Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment