Sunday, October 7, 2012

Define An Orphan

How old can you be and still be able to refer to yourself as an orphan when your parents die? I ask because if there is no time limit then both my parents are now officially orphans. It was almost three weeks ago when I told you that my gran probably didn't have time left and she battled harder than any of us could have believed, but we knew that this would come sooner rather than later. Last night my parents came back from holiday and straight to her bedside. This morning, about 20 minutes ago, I received a message from my mother to say she was now at peace.

There's a hole in my insides and a tightness in my chest. I know that time heals, having experienced it before, but for now the hole whistles cold and lonely and the tightness makes it hard to breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment