Monday, March 26, 2012

Things I Wish My Mother Never Told Me

I meant to post a blog entry this morning but now I'm glad I did not. This morning I was angry but now I'm more mellow and I'm sure this will be a more reasoned blog rather than a "Blargh! Giant squid of anger!!" one.

Sometimes I really wish I was not living with my parents. And then sometimes I'm really glad of it. I'm nearly 25 and have graduated from university but at the moment there is nothing out there for me. I'm sure this is a common occurrence now and there are a number of graduates still living at home. And sometimes our parents really get on our nerves and "don't understand how hard it is in this economical climate" and I'm sure parents all around the country/world are thinking to themselves "why has my good for nothing son/daughter not moved out yet" and I'm sure that there is something in each sides' argument but, parents, a word of advice. Screaming at your son/daughter that "this is not a hotel and that you are sure they are not actually looking for work and just floating around in a world of their own" is not the best way of managing the situation and will make us, for a while until we both calm down, hate you.

OK, so maybe I am still angry. A little.

Parents,

I assure you we are trying to get a job and we would like to move into our own place almost as much as you would be glad to see us leave but it is hard and you have to give us time. And maybe we are slacking a little in our search but we have been looking for a while and the rejections are getting to us a bit.

Still, we will try to look harder for jobs and widen our criteria if you will get off our backs about it, OK?

And we do love you, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment