Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Writing Is HARD!

OK, so maybe not the writing itself. I took part in NaNoWriMo this year and managed to write 52,175 words in thirty days. I was very pleased with myself, with good reason, and decided to take a couple of months away from my novel and come back to edit it later.

It is nearing the end of March now and I am only 11 pages in with about 69 left to go, and that's not including the scenes that must still be added.

Editing is hard. Well, usually I would edit as I wrote and that would not seem as difficult, though it would delay the finishing of the novel somewhat, but since the aim of Nano is to turn off your inner editor and WRITE I now have a 52,000 word novel to edit in one go and it seems like a daunting task.

Unfortunately, until I've finished editing it (for a first draft anyway, then I can hand it to someone else to look at and tell me whats wrong) I don't feel like I can continue any OTHER stories that I'm trying to write at the moment, or start any new ones.

Basically, this sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment