Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I Think My Novel Has A Napoleon Complex

Good news! I finally finished the first draft of the novel that I wrote for NaNoWriMo!
*Party blower solo*

Bad news? It's actually more like a novella than a novel. Now I've edited it, it doesn't even have 50,000 words any more...

I was spurred into finishing it by the promise of free copies from Create Space which I'm not going to go for now as it would involve actually publishing it through Create Space so I just bought a couple of proof copies and said to hell with it. I'm hopeful that once I've had a look through it properly I'll be able to extend the story somewhat so it's an actual novel. Or I could just bang my forehead on the keyboard a couple of times and call it a day. That's a valid idea, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment