Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dive In

The boat bobs as we sit at rest
Salty splashes wetting faces
Warm sun beats down on us
Ready to go
Tank a dead wait pulling, pulling
"Remember" He says.
"Remember your buddy."
Final check,
Mask, reg, weights
Then
Go
Rush of air and water
Bubbles roar as the world tips then rights itself
Darth vader rasp of the regulator
As you take your first breath
Cold water rushes under the suit
Chilling your skin
The tang of salt on each breath
And the glittering surface
Now far over head
Another world away

Prompt: Write a poem of the five senses. I love scuba diving but I haven't done it in SOOOOOOOOO long. The problem is I'm a warm water diver. I can dive in a drysuit but I much prefer using a wetsuit and unfortunately, where I live (the UK) unless I'm in a pool it has to be a drysuit unless I want to freeze to death... Literally. I could dive on holiday but because it would only be once a year I would have to take a refresher course each year before I dove. I kind of miss it actually, it's something that I really love doing. Oh well, I'll just have to move somewhere warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment