Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Oops

I'd apologise until I'm blue in the face
If I thought it would make any difference
I'd wish that everything was back the way it was
Before
If it would help


But the chance has passed
And with it, hope
They say that time heals all wounds
But what if the thing you've lost
Is time?


Aaaaaaargh! I missed a day!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! To make up for it the poem above is an extra one, on to today's:

Don't Stop

Half a league, half a league,
And then, a little further
Don't stop
Not for thought or breath
Surrounded by the screams of dying men
And horses
Not for the hope of reprieve
The knowledge of mistakes made
Both past and present
Don't stop
Don't stop.

Prompt: Write a poem with the first line lifted from another poem. The first line is from Tennyson's Charge Of The Light Brigade, which is one of my favourite poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment