Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Play Again The Card Of Fate

Play again the card of fate
Watch again the face it shows
And try to change it
Play again the card of fate
Reject the path that it displays
Forge your own route through
Play again the card of fate
Watch again the face it shows

Prompt: Write a triolet.


You would have thought this would be easy. It's only eight lines after all and five of those are repeated but finding a lines to repeat that sound right was hard, and then I had to find lines for in between them.


I have realised that I should probably not add commentary for the poem because 1) it's boring, (I find it boring and I'm the one who wrote it) and 2) it'll just be about how hard I found writing the above poem. Instead, why not go check out Penguin Prison, a group I just found out about today. Kinda synth poppy music. Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment