Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Love Cento


What is love?
This terrifying miracle
You’d better run away fast.
As we wait for it to make sense.

The travel’s hard but still keep going strong
And bright as molten copper
As if it doesn't happen indefinitely
But flowers are blooming
Hands stretched to give.
It pulls me in

Fire singed I dragged I filled
And I sigh and close my eyes
I've just misplaced the world. 
She saves us going astray
Everything we have worked for
I do

Go deeper still till nothing left but thought
And you’re done.
Forget don’t and can’t, those heavy words
Though not unexpected
The world would not be shattered.

Eyes fixed
Inspiration was coming my way
Where nothing is quite what it may seem
But one with much fascination
And that is not to be missed

Prompt: Write a cento. A poem made up entirely of lines from other poems. 

All these lines come from my NaPo poems from last year. Hopefully it actually makes sense. It's not actually 30 lines long because I missed days last year, but anyway.

















No comments:

Post a Comment